Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ounce by Ounce

Well, I'm down to 180 pounds, WHOOO-HOO!!! That means I've lost 1.2 pounds since Friday. Will that pace get me to my goal by two weeks? 1.2 lbs, in four days is an average loss of .3 lbs per day. .3lbs times 14 days is only 4.2 lbs-Nope, not enough. But hopefully, my slow start held me back and now I'm on a better pace.

I've been eating pretty well, very strictly since Sunday-that's two whole days!

I am avoiding temptations, or trying to. My clients canceled last night, but I needed to put a check in the bank. The bank is not near me at all, so I'd have to drive across town to get to it. And the closest, most convenient branch is inside a grocery store. So, I decided it would be better if I just left the check for another day. Too "dangerous" to go in the evening. I'd pass by my favorite McDonald's (yes, they're different, and yes I have a favorite). I'd pass by the wonderful Carl's Jr/Green Burrito that gave me so much trouble on Friday. So, I stayed home, studied customer service for my job, and ate eggs and strawberries and milk for dinner (meal # 4), and was perfectly satisfied.

Lead us not into temptation...


Temptation is a funny thing. Every day, as I leave work at 4-ish, I'm peckish, not super hungry, but I still want to go to the McDonald's on the way home. (In case you haven't figured it out, I love McDonald's. I'm actually one of those freaks who loves fast food in general.) It's very tempting to just hit that McD as I drive by it. But, I'm telling myself, "that's not going to get you to your goal. And once you put food in your stomach, you won't care. You'll be full and satisfied. (And you don't need to spend the money anyway)."

And so far, I've been listening.
Minute by Minute, Ounce by Ounce.

Dj

No comments:

Post a Comment