Friday, January 18, 2013

Weight Loss

AB Challenge Day 4

I did work my Abs yesterday, an easier workout because I ran out of time :-) So, I did 3 sets of 12 crunches with my knees bent and feet up on the couch. Then I did 2 sets of roll-downs. Sitting on the floor, with my legs bent in front of me rolled down slowly. My abs aren't strong enough to let me roll very far, so I put my hands out in front of me for a counter weight. (If you want to do these, make sure you keep your feet on the floor, and you only go down to the point you can get yourself up again.)

Today, my brother and I went for a short walk, then I did my workout:
2 sets of 12 kettlebell swings
3 sets of V-sits
Then I did a little rehab for my shoulder, which has been really bothering me lately.

I also weighed myself today - yikes! It's actually not as bad as I expected, but still, bad. Today I weighed 185 lbs.

I started in July 10 at 194 lbs. I got down to 182 lbs by the end of August. That's 12 lbs in about 7 weeks.That's a lot. And that was part of the problem before. I lost it fast and extreme. But I wasn't committed to a long-term program. So, when everything fell apart is September, I stopped. And surprisingly enough, only gained 3 lbs. But, I'm sure (and I can tell by how I squishy I feel) I lost muscle and gained more than 3 lbs of fat.

But the wonderful thing is we get to start over every day. Today is another day, and tomorrow is as well.

Debby



No comments:

Post a Comment