Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Get Back Up Again

If at first you don't succeed, etc.....
It's been a rough week. It really hit me over the weekend that I'm unemployed. Me! I think it had taken so long to hit because at first I was all gung-ho about starting a boot camp and really focusing on training again.
But then I got a lead for a full-time job that seemed too good to pass up. (Benefits!) And I was kind of putting all my eggs in that basket. Well, nothing happened. My client works for the company, and he said they were looking to fill the position asap. So, I was there, with my newly created resume first thing Tuesday morning (Monday was a holiday), and filled out an application. The person doing the hiring wasn't there. So, I waited until Thursday to call. He said he's still reviewing, to call back tomorrow. Called on Friday, he was in a meeting, but they said they'd give him a message to call when he was finished. Nothing.
Now, it's Tuesday, and I still haven't heard anything. Do I call again? Who knows. But I've been talking to God, and He's reminded me of my mission-teach...influence others. And I had asked Him to let me know if that job was the way he wanted me to go, and show me by opening the door. The door didn't open.

So, I'm getting on with my life.

Haven't weighed myself since Friday, but my diet's been ok. And I was so sore from my kwando class last week, I took Friday off, which turned into the whole weekend off :(

But, I worked out yesterday, doing a metabolic disturbance workout, yeah!

And I gave myself a good talking to: this time is a gift! It's what I've wanted. Time to create a boot camp-helping more than one person at a time. Just get it going! And time to create. Paint, bead, write. So, that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to a "meet-up" beginner painting class on Sat!

Have a good Day,
Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment